For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
xupeiqi0429's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, September 15th, 2018 5:58 PM

Closed

eSIM for iPhone XS, XS MAX and XR

I have an AT&T nano-SIM card and another nano-SIM card with Chinese carrier. I learned that the unlocked iphone Xs MAX can have a nano-SIM and an eSIM working together. But the Chinese carrier didn't support eSIM. So I want to transform my AT&T nano-SIM card into eSIM so that my two phone number can both work on the iphone. How can I change my AT&T nano-SIM card to eSIM?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

It’s available in iOS 12.1 beta, apple has done its part is att ready?

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

No us carrier has.  I don't think you will see the us carriers do a thing till they officially release it.  A beta is just that a beta.  They add and remove features from betas all the time group FaceTime is a example of that.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Hello, I have an iPhone XS Max with iOS 10.2 that supports eSIM.

ATT postpaid account. I called Att the rep was going over the activation the call got disconnected, then I called a few times and they say it not supported yet. 

Can someone confirms if Att is currently supporting eSIM for iPhone? If so, how can it be configured? 

Thanks.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

No....  Apple has it in beta only. It's not official or rolled out.  No us carriers are supporting it yet.  

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

How can I change my nano sim to esim? Do I need buy a new number?

ACE - Professor

• 

3K Messages

6 years ago

@ji979605994  The eSIM is not being supported yet. Apple has to enable it and word is that IOS 12.1 will enable it, but no guarantee that this will happen. Also ATT has to also do their part for eSIM to work. Currently no US carrier is supporting eSIM functionality. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

1)What is the projected date that Apple will release the software update to support eSIMs? 

2) What is the Projected cost for a AT&T Dual SIM Card?

3) What is the projected cost of the AT&T  Service for two phone numbers/lines?

4). Will each line have it’s own voice and data plan and text & voice mail box?

5). Will each line be subject to taxes and fees? 6). If a second phone is going to be used for business use, will all the expenses related to that number be detailed on the monthly billing statement?

7) Will each phone number require a separate Apple ID?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Will they have two separate messages app’s for texts?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

6 years ago

No.

This article might have more information for you

https://www.androidpit.com/dual-sim-phones

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

@CoachRickard wrote:

Will they have two separate messages app’s for texts?

I suggest you read up on how apple plans on using dual sim on iPhones as they are dual passive and not dual active tech.  You cant just use one phone for personal or business as all your stuff will get jumbled together on the phone.  Apple targeted this for travelers and the fact your can just scan a QR code and go in Europe.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.