Announcements
Learn how you can Preorder the iPhone 13 now!
xupeiqi0429's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Sat, Sep 15, 2018 5:58 PM

eSIM for iPhone XS, XS MAX and XR

I have an AT&T nano-SIM card and another nano-SIM card with Chinese carrier. I learned that the unlocked iphone Xs MAX can have a nano-SIM and an eSIM working together. But the Chinese carrier didn't support eSIM. So I want to transform my AT&T nano-SIM card into eSIM so that my two phone number can both work on the iphone. How can I change my AT&T nano-SIM card to eSIM?

Responses

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 y ago

I needing the same thing done but I just visited my ATT store on Monday Oct 22nd and after they looked at the possibility of moving their service to the eSim on my new IPhone Max they determined that Apple must still upgrade their IOS software to allow for this and at this point the eSim is unable to be used.   When talking to Apple support they seem to claim that ATT CAN do the change - but they seemed hesitant in their response - so their probably not to be trusted to know at this point.

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

22.2K Messages

3 y ago

@Jakebdb56

considering apple has not released 12.1 to the public yet no its not possible.  The us carriers are not ready yet.  Once active ATT will have to give you a QR code to scan. 

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

22.2K Messages

3 y ago

@Docjwd wrote:

I needing the same thing done but I just visited my ATT store on Monday Oct 22nd and after they looked at the possibility of moving their service to the eSim on my new IPhone Max they determined that Apple must still upgrade their IOS software to allow for this and at this point the eSim is unable to be used.   When talking to Apple support they seem to claim that ATT CAN do the change - but they seemed hesitant in their response - so their probably not to be trusted to know at this point.

@Docjwd

iOS 12.1 has to be released to the public and ATT and other carriers need to get the QR codes ready for scanning unless they are going to make us manually enter the info.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

3 y ago

I'm using the beta which has it enabled in iOS, but obviously there's not any official support for AT&T posted anywhere.  Just figured I would ask to see if anyone else may have figured out how to use it already.

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

22.2K Messages

3 y ago

@Jakebdb56 wrote:

I'm using the beta which has it enabled in iOS, but obviously there's not any official support for AT&T posted anywhere.  Just figured I would ask to see if anyone else may have figured out how to use it already.

it works fine is a EU sim but the EU was already using QR codes.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 y ago

Ok..why is ATT being so darn dark about when support for ESIM Is happening?

if they (ATT) can do it on my Apple Watch they should be able to do it on the XS line.

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

22.2K Messages

3 y ago

@Showb1zz wrote:

Ok..why is ATT being so darn dark about when support for ESIM Is happening?

if they (ATT) can do it on my Apple Watch they should be able to do it on the XS line.

12.1 is still in beta so no its not GM yet aka public use...

ATT said they will be releasing info on dual sim later in the year.

https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/wireless/KM1288682?gsi=NSZwJUQ

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

3 y ago

When can I set up the eSim on my iPhone with an AT&T QR Code?

Fl_retire

ACE - Professor

• 

1.8K Messages

3 y ago

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 y ago

Can anyone confirm if ESIM is compatible with Prepaid?

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

88.2K Messages

3 y ago

Since the eSim is not active anywhere yet, there cannot be any answer.

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

22.2K Messages

3 y ago

According to support docs not at launch

stufried

Guru

• 

1.1K Messages

3 y ago

Rumors are that it will be released tomorrow.  

https://9to5mac.com/2018/10/28/ios12-1-group-facetime-esim-release-date/

While the article doesn't list ATT by name, it is hard to believe they won't be in the first wave.

berger1

Scholar

• 

83 Messages

3 y ago

12.1 is out. where’s the link please ?

New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.