For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
xupeiqi0429's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, September 15th, 2018 5:58 PM

Closed

eSIM for iPhone XS, XS MAX and XR

I have an AT&T nano-SIM card and another nano-SIM card with Chinese carrier. I learned that the unlocked iphone Xs MAX can have a nano-SIM and an eSIM working together. But the Chinese carrier didn't support eSIM. So I want to transform my AT&T nano-SIM card into eSIM so that my two phone number can both work on the iphone. How can I change my AT&T nano-SIM card to eSIM?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

5 years ago

💣

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

5 years ago

@lizdance40

don't understand your "bomb".

eSIM is out for at least 2 years now. There is no reason not to be prepared. and enforcing activation sometimes helps but it should not not work

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

5 years ago

@dennispl

No.  The eSim is available on iPad Pro and smartwatches for 2 years now.  The eSim for phones may or may not be out.  I’m thinking not.  Therefore my 💣 emoji.  

You are the test pilot.  Best of luck 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I have upgraded to iOS 12.1 and just learned about Verizon's bug with Dual Sim. I really need this as I am often in Europe. So I am hoping that AT&T has begun eSIM support and I could switch my number here and get a QR code to activate the plan with an eSIM. But I can't find clear answers on the website. Is this now possible with AT&T?

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I updated my iPhone XS Max to iOS 12.1. Went to an ATT store only to find out that ATT does not support eSIM yet. There is no date when they will. Bummer. 

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I updated my iPhone XS Max to iOS 12.1. Went to an ATT store only to find out that ATT does not support eSIM yet. I called customer care too. It was confirmed - no eSIM support.  Any idea when?

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

5 years ago

Just got off the phone with AT&T support. They will not be supporting eSim before the end of the year. The customer service person said they were having issues with visual voicemail being corrupted and having people's SIMs corrupted during the process so they won't be allowing this functionality. No date for a fix.

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

5 years ago

Posted this in another thread, so apologies for xposting:

Just got off the phone with AT&T support. They will not be supporting eSim before the end of the year. The customer service person said they were having issues with visual voicemail being corrupted and having people's SIMs corrupted during the process so they won't be allowing this functionality. No date for a fix.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

5 years ago

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

5 years ago

Below is from 9 to 5 mac

Unfortunately, eSIM adoption seems to be a mixed bag at the moment. While the three major U.S carriers: Verizon, T-Mobile, and AT&T announced support for the feature, all three have seemingly pulled out, noting that support for eSIM is coming later this year. This means no major carrier in the U.S. is currently supporting this feature. Outside of the U.S., support is limited but you can check here to see if your carrier support the feature.

https://9to5mac.com/2018/10/30/enable-esim-and-dual-sim-iphone-xs-xr/

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.