For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
IbKmart's profile

• 

6 Messages

Friday, February 24th, 2023 5:14 AM

eSim activation for Prepaid

My new iPhone arrives tomorrow, however I’m not sure how to activate my phone number on the eSim. I’m expecting the transition will be seamless, but I may have just encountered a bump in the road. Help!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Professor

• 

3K Messages

1 year ago

@IbKmart Leave the physical SIM in your iPhone 11 during the setup process. The data and contents along with the SIM info will be transferred and the physical SIM is deactivated. @formerlyknownas link provided has instructions on transferring your physical SIM to eSIM. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

1 year ago

Not enough information.

If your current phone is an iPhone activating the new phone by switching your phone number is quite easy.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210216

• 

6 Messages

1 year ago

Yes, iPhone 11 Pro > iPhone 14 Pro Max. Currently I have a physical SIM card, but when I receive my new phone, it won’t have the option to accept the physical sim because it’s an eSim. So I don’t know to get my service information active.

• 

6 Messages

1 year ago

I followed the link you provided and it made sense. I’m assuming that I remove the physical sim and enter the sim ID on the card? However, I should be able to figure it out if it’s that simple. I’m usually pretty good with tech, I’m just new to the eSim set up.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

1 year ago

No, you shouldn’t need to remove the sim from the 11 or manually enter any SIM card information. That is all done when transferring data from the 11 to the 14. 

With eSIM Quick Transfer, you transfer the SIM from your previous iPhone to your new iPhone without contacting your carrier.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

1 year ago

As soon as you get the new phone and turn it on it's going to prompt you how to do most of this. Especially transferring your all your data, using what I like to call the blue nebula transfer method which is very cool

• 

6 Messages

1 year ago

Thanks guys. It was so simple I feel dumb. I was overthinking it.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.