For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
pharmd's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Sunday, November 4th, 2018 6:09 AM

E-SIM activation as primary on iPhone

I have an iPhone XS Max. Running 12.1 i chatted with support and they claim i need a new number for the e sim. And that it can only run as a secondary. I’ve been informed that it can be primary. Kind of defeats the point of having a dual sim ( e sim) can anyone please shed some light on this. 

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

That’s exactly what I’m saying and need. Any word on how to do it. Let me know!!!

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

Lad, Did you even read the post before responding? You claim to work for AT&T? Please read the post before speaking again. 

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

You guys really know how to frustrate people. Why can’t you read what the poster is asking before posting some generic answer that has already been posted. Seriously. This is irritating.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

5 years ago

A simple Google search shows you it's not available and apple has it notated on the page about it.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

5 years ago

@pharmd wrote:
You guys really know how to frustrate people. Why can’t you read what the poster is asking before posting some generic answer that has already been posted. Seriously. This is irritating.

Here is the easiest way to show you as apple updated that page yesterday.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT209096

Capture.JPG

1 Attachment

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

I just called AT&T customer service and they confirmed that it is NOT possible to put the primary number on the eSim; the primary needs to be on the physical sim.

Please let me know if you know how to do it because is the reason why I purchased the iPhone XR

thanks for the help

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.