For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
Vtownval's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Tuesday, June 23rd, 2015 10:49 PM

Error msg: +1 (1) (216) 11 when I send a text to my husband

Since I did an update on both  my I5 & an update on I-cloud, I cannot send a text to my husband but I CAN receive his.  We have both had the same phones for two years, and HE is the ONLY person I cannot text to. The error msg thread reads: Invalid #. Please re-send using valid 10 digit mobile.... I have talked w/ Apple 3X's and AT&T 4X's. I've deleted him as a contact, deleted every thread etc. Nobody can seem to figure out why this happens only to HIS phone. I am able to text 20 other people w/NO problems...If anyone has a solution, please help

Thanks

Val

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hi there @Vtownval

I’m sorry to hear that you have been experiencing issues with messaging your husband! We certainly need to get this resolved as soon as possible.

So, this is due to the device storing your husband’s information as less than the full 10 digit number, meaning that even when the full 10 digits are used, the device is reverting back to the other version, causing this error.

You have already taken some of the correct steps to solve this, however there are a few things we have found that may prevent a fix. One of these elements would be iCloud which can re-sync that old information to the device. Try turning off iCloud in your device settings (Settings>iCloud) and then delete the contact, and all messages/call logs involving that contact. Restart the device and give it a test, and all should be back to normal!

Should the issue continue, please let us know!

Thanks,

Charise

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

Carise

Thank you for your hard work on this blog!

Unfortunately, w/both my call to ATT this a.m. tonight, the problem is still not resolved. As of this past Monday, 6/22, it was an APPPLE issue.  On Tuesday of this week, it was an ATT issue. After trouble shooting again tonight, its back to an APPLE issue...UGGGGHHHH

I will continue to check this blog and research this problem. Hopefully it will get resolved. I've been a customer w/ATT for 15 years! This was just confirmed tonight. My contract was up this past February, so maybe I will get an Android.

Thanks again

Valerie

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.