Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

• 

1 Message

Sat, Jan 25, 2020 2:06 AM

Does not recognize IMEI number

I was trying to unlock my new Iphone 10. I received the error message "Looks like the IMEI number you entered doesn't match an AT&T device. ...". I verified the IMEI number was correct and entered correctly. The phone and IMEI are acknowledged in my AT&T account.

So I went through steps (again) to activate. Now I only have SOS access on network whereas before my phone and SIM card worked. The AT&T Unlock Portal still does not recognize my IMEI. I cannot use my phone that AT&T recognizes on my account, but has no service except emergency. PLEASE HELP!

Responses

mobilemax

Employee

• 

732 Messages

3 weeks ago

Hello,

Call customer service via (Phone number hidden) (or 611 form an AT&T phone) and ask which IMEI is on file. It might not be correct on the account and causing this error. With current situation, it might be worthwhile to go by your local corporate AT&T store to get this situation resolved.

(edited)

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.