Let AT&T help you elebrate your dad with Father's Day Gifts that connect us.
The new iPad Pro & iPad Air!
M

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, April 7th, 2020 10:52 PM

Device Unlock is failing

The unlock page keeps saying that the device is "doesn’t match an AT&T device". Yet this is an iPhone 11 RED from AT&T. I tried multiple times and from different browsers with the same results. This is a used phone that i got on secondary market in pretty poor shape externally and i am trying to restore it to functional condition.

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

4 years ago

did you try as a non customer? If it’s an older phone then it may not be able to be unlocked as they have been purging old imei from the database

• 

3 Messages

@Constructive

yes that is how i tried since i am not AT&T customer. Also this is iPhone 11, so still pretty recent i would assume.

Thanks!

ACE - Sage

• 

118.1K Messages

contact Apple to find out which which carrier the devices actually locked to.
AT&T has over a dozen mvnos which have to unlock any phone that was locked through them, to AT&T.
You probably should contact whoever it was Who Sold you the phone I find out what carrier it was used on

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Former AT&T,  Current Verizon customer.  My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove. 

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

3 Messages

@lizdance40

i ran a carrier check on this and it came back as:

Locked Carrier: US AT&T Puerto Rico and US Virgin Islands Activation Policy

Is there a different portal for unlocking these? Is that not considered an AT&T phone?

ACE - Sage

• 

118.1K Messages

huh, od. Its still at&t, but its being sold to Liberty. still should unlock through at&t.

You will have to call, or ask previous owner to unlock it.

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Former AT&T,  Current Verizon customer.  My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove. 

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.