For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
T

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, November 30th, 2021 11:21 PM

Deleted messages

I deleted messages on an iPhone 8+ about 2 years ago but I’ve gotten a newer phone since. I can’t use an iCloud backup, I’m wondering if anyone can help me get them back because it’s very important I’ve been trying since. I know there has to be some sort of way because how does the police get them lol. Please and thank you. 

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

2 years ago

Unless they can be recovered from the iPhone 8+ storage or a backup or the other phone that sent or received them, no, there is no way. ATT does not save them.

ACE - Master

• 

10.4K Messages

2 years ago

Unless they are still on the phone, or on a backup of the phone, they’re gone.  AT&T doesn’t keep any copies of the texts themselves, just the sender/receiver numbers and date/time.  No big carrier is going to keep buying and expanding servers to keep everyone’s texts of years.  It’s just something that would constantly be taking up more and more space.  If police are getting bodies of texts, they are getting them from backups or from the devices themselves.  I don’t think police have the ability to get any text ever sent.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.