For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
astu92's profile

• 

25 Messages

Wednesday, January 4th, 2023 5:18 AM

Delayed notifications from apps & messages

For quite a few weeks I’ve been having an issue with delayed notifications. The first time I receive the notification it will say something like “5 min ago” or “9 min ago” etc. The time varies, but they are intermittently delayed. I cannot make it happen on demand. It is happening with apps and text messages. I am also having an issue where my iMessages will be received delayed and will also come through as a text message and iMessage. It doesn’t matter if I’m on Wi-Fi, 5G, etc. I have been to Apple 4 times, have gotten a new SIM card and have gotten an entirely new phone. Nothing is helping. I have reset the phone, tried restoring from a backup and restoring from Apple ID. I have gone through every diagnostic and settings option possible. Apple is saying my only next step may be to start over with a completely new Apple ID in which case I will have to start over brand new. Has anyone experienced this or have a solution? Thank you! 

• 

10 Messages

1 year ago

I thought it was just me! Apparently it’s an Arizona issue it seems like. I’ve been dealing with this since November 2022. Text messages and even my home security notifications are coming in late. Sometimes I’ll receive the exact same text message back to back as both text message and iMessage from an iPhone user. I upgraded from iPhone 12 mini to 14 Pro in December and I’m still having issues. I’ve called AT&T four times and no solution. I went out of state to Colorado from mid January to mid February this year and not once did I have an issue with delayed notifications. As soon as I got back to Arizona the issue came back. AT&T really needs to fix this.

Edit to add: Sometimes it takes up to 20 seconds to even send an iMessage that’s just one emoji. 

(edited)

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

This seriously does need to be fixed. I've had this issue since November and it's caused a lot of 'drama' within response because of my response times. 60% of the time the notification comes in 10-20 minutes late, 30% it comes on time, and 10% i never receive it..

• 

25 Messages

1 year ago

I agree! It’s also causes issues for me not only in every day life but with work too! I just don’t underarms how they don’t have an estimated timeline of when this issue will be fixed. It’s ridiculous. 

• 

10 Messages

1 year ago

This has been going on since November and it’s frustrating that they haven’t done anything about it. If I hadn’t just upgraded to the 14 Pro in December I would’ve been with Verizon already. 

• 

20 Messages

1 year ago

Still no fix as of yet and the update to iOS 16.3.1 did not change anything. One thing that wasn't covered here was the question of accounts with cellular watches. I have a number-sync account with a cellular watch and seem to have the problem all the time. My wife and daughter get it far less frequently. They do not have cellular watches. Is anyone experiencing this problem AND has a cellular watch too?

• 

12 Messages

1 year ago

Still having this issue as well. Only fix for me is to keep the phone in airplane mode when connected to Wi-Fi. Completely kills the connection with AT&T and notifications come in immediately. I also have an Apple Watch (Wi-Fi not cellular) so I don’t think it’s specifically related to that. This issue also seems to be related to AZ AT&T customers only. 

• 

25 Messages

1 year ago

I agree @xecutiv83 i have a wifi Apple Watch not cellular. Also, I have three other people on my plan (2 who live in AZ) and it’s not happening to them, so it appears to be completely random as far as I can tell?

• 

5 Messages

1 year ago

I live in San Diego and am having the same issue, Apple Store confirms several people a day have the same issue. It's not an AZ thing. It's widespread.

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

Same problem, but in Las Vegas. Seems to be a West/Southwest AT&T issue?

My iPad gets imessages immediately. My phone takes 5-10 minutes to receive it. There’s also a small delay when I attempt to send an iMessage.

As someone said prior, it seems to happen when not actively using the phone. 

(edited)

• 

25 Messages

1 year ago

I followed someone else’s advice and when I’m on Wi-Fi I turn off my cellular data. This essentially “fixes” the problem but you obviously have to be on WiFi to do it. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.