The new iPhone 14
G

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, December 16th, 2020 3:34 PM

Defective iPhone 12 Pro

I received my iPhone 12 Pro last week. It is now stuck on the "restore my phone" screen after following

directions from Apple support to resolve the issue of it constantly rebooting. I need to exchange it for a new phone, however I purchased it with the current trade in promotion and would like to not lose the promotion (obviously) in the event I have to wait for a new device to be shipped. Also because of the current state of the phone I can't remove my personal data either.

What is the solution?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

103.9K Messages

2 years ago

Contact Apple about a warranty replacement. They will replace it with a new phone and it will not affect your trade-in deal. This would happen anyway because apple does not allow AT&T to make warranty exchanges on their behalf. AT&T would send you directly to Apple.

If there is an apple Outlet near you you can make the exchange in person but please call ahead and make a Genius Bar appointment. If you have to ship the phone Apple may require a deposit equal to the cost of the device until they get your defective phone in return. Deposit can be made with a credit card.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.