The new iPhone 15
Jguthrie02's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, July 8th, 2015 12:37 AM

Daughters new iPhone 6 is getting Mom's txts

How do I stop my daughters new phone from receiving my txt messages? We share an Apple ID but she didn't get my txts until we upgraded her phone to the iPhone 6. I have the 6+. Thanks in advance

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

9 years ago

A new feature in iOS 8 is "continuity", which means that you can get your text messages & calls on any iOS device using the same AppleID. The calls only work when the iOS devices are on the same wifi network. You can go into the Settings app and specify which address(es) to send & receive both iMessage and FaceTime calls as. Just go in and turn off everything but your own phone number on both devices.

Under the iMessage settings, there is also an option to ”Forward Txt Messages" where you can go in and turn off specific devices that you don't want the text messages forwarded to (if that is why she's getting them)

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

9 years ago

Using the same Apple ID means sharing more than text messages. It means sharing an iCloud account, iCloud email also.

iOS 8 included Apples Family Share which allows different Apple ID to share all the purchases, but everyone has their own iCloud account to back up their phone.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.