Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
romad

Scholar

• 

356 Messages

Tue, Oct 4, 2016 3:29 AM

com.apple.mobilephone error 1035 meaning?

iPhone 6 iOS 10.02

I got this error message when I tried to update my voicemail greeting.

Any idea how to fix it?

Responses

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I tried several times and it gave me the same error code. Best solution is to press and hold 1 on your phone and then follow the instructions to record your greeting.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Got the same error. Best solution is to press and hold 1 on your phone dial pad till the Voice message starts talking.  Go to administrative options. Follow the voice instructions there to set your greetings.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

You have found the solution to a major screw up that never should have occurred.  Thank you very much!

This is a reply to #22.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I keep getting "error 1035" when I try to record greeting. What's the problem?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

So what did you do to fix? I just tried to set up my voicemail and on the first try I got tha crazy error? I've used this phone for a long time and had voicemail on it until I changed my phone user.  HELP!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

This doesn't exactly tell me how to fix!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

A lot of these responses were from 2016 and this is still happening on my phone ! Plus since I needed to change my voicemail for just a week and it keeps popping up ERROR, it didn't even save my original voicemail. I tried without wifi and with data, I tried reloading, and nothing worked. Why is this still happening to phones...

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

This worked for me - I think.  The custom option wasn't checked so I manually checked it.  Husband called and the message played.  I'm not confident it will stay that way.  We've been having major issues with AT&T for the last 3 months after 3 years of good service.  We don't always receive calls or voicemails.  We need to hold our phones up to a window to make a call.  After 1.5 hours on phone to AT&T all they could offer was to download an app, Mark the Spot and report each incidence.  This has done no good.  There's no way to contact anyone who knows why this suddenly started happening or if it will be fixed.

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

3 years ago

This does not state anything regarding a solution 

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

3 years ago

This entry does not contain a solution to the problem.  

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

3 years ago

This error seems to continue to happen.  I rebooted my phone several times.  I reset my network settings as suggested by some above.  I recorded the message with WiFi off, data ON.  Nothing worked.   I finally called AT&T and gave them the full error message and code, and I was told that:

"After looking everything over in our systems is that there is a hiccup in the voicemail service."  Please call back in the morning and may be the problem resolves itself.  

How useful can that be?  

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

3 years ago

Two weeks ago, when I went on vacation, I changed the greeting in the voicemail of my iPhone6SPlus by merely going to the phone icon, and then to the voicemail icon at the bottom, and click on "Greeting" at the top left.  It gave me an opportunity to select between a default greeting or record a custom one. I recorded a custom one, and saved it and it worked like a charm.

When I returned from vacation, two weeks later, the EXACT same procedure will not work and gives the error message that is the subject of this thread.  AT&T was unable to help, and told me that it must be a hiccup in the system.  Of course, if you are reading this, you are aware that the hiccups have now persisted for more than one year.  

As a "WORKAROUND" (as others have suggested), I was successful in accessing the voicemail system via the phone/ keyboard/press and hold "1."  As password I used the iphone unlock password for my iphone and that worked fine. Follow the numerical menu to change personal options = 4, then greetings or recorded name =3, and continue following the instructions.

This worked just fine.  I was able to record a new message that plays correctly when someone calls.  

I consider this to be a workaround, not a solution, since the original issue of the error message is unresolved.  

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

3 years ago

I need to report that this problem with my iphone has resolved spontaneously.

The ATT tech suggested that I wait a few hours and that there may be a system "hiccup"

Apparently, the system is prone to hiccups over the past months, as is clear from the number of inquiries in this thread.

To BOTTOM LINE:  it is not  problem with your iphone or your settings.  It is a system problem.  It corrects itself with patience.

The workaround above in entry #57 works for those who do not have the patience to wait for the problem to correct itself.  

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

My problem was solved, after trying everything I saw online, I went on a chat with ATT rep and the way we solved it was I asked him to delete my voicemail box at his end and create a new one, and then I rebooted my phone and I got the setup voicemail button again on my visual voicemail icon on my iphone. But don't click it yet. Dial and hold 1 and setup your voicemail from there after it's all done then you go to your voicemail icon and setup, put in the same password you did when you dialed 1 and I didn't even record a greeting just left it at custom and pressed done. It took a while to come back and say NO VOICEMAIL, so then I called and left a message and it was working.

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

3 years ago

I am glad you solved your problem. By going to the "dial 1" option, you
have used the "workaround" I offered above.

Have you set up a new outgoing greeting message using the phone
icon=>voicemail icon=>greeting method yet?

Get started...

Ask a new question