Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tue, Aug 20, 2019 11:15 AM

Can’t use cell data, calling or texting

My iPhone 8 suddenly stopped allowing me to call anyone or text SMS numbers. I can only text other iPhones through my apple id email. My cellular data has also stopped working and LTE no longer shows up in the top bar of my phone. Just the service bars and wifi. It has the most recent update, I’ve reset my network settings, and I’ve popped out and put back in my SIM card. 

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

kdfederer

ACE - Expert

• 

11.9K Messages

6 months ago

Either your sim card is bad or your phone has a problem. Have AT&T replace your sim. If that doesn't correct the problem, your next step would be to visit an Apple store.

This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

34.4K Messages

6 months ago

Either your sim card is bad or your phone has a problem.

Or service has expired or been suspended.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.