The phone that makes your everyday epic. Buy the Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G now!
What is happening with 3G?
DC712001's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thu, Jan 15, 2015 6:37 PM

Can't Shut Off Call Forwarding

I share a phone account with my mother as she is not all that tech savvy. We have different phone numbers and live at different addresses/locations, but somehow many of my incoming phone calls and texts directed to my phone number get forwarded to her as well.

I have tried shutting off the call and text forwarding features on both phones, but somehow she keeps receiving phone calls and texts that are supposed to go only to my phone number. Very annoying.

This even extends to her IPad Air. She receives my phone calls and texts there too!

Not sure if this is an AT&T issue or an Apple issue, my guess is that it is the former. How can this be Fixed? As I Said, this doesn't seem to be a "General Settings" issue that can be corrected from my phone.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

7 y ago

Hello! @DC712001.

It seems you may have the same Apple ID on both phones.  Since Apple ID’s use face time calls, if the same ID is on both phones, you’ll both receive the calls. Go to go to Settings -> FaceTime -> iPhone Cellular Calls, and switch it to OFF, on both phones. Then go to settings>messages>send & receive and if both phones have the same Apple  ID, select it from the top of the screen and tap sign out from the phone who should not have that ID. If the ID is the same, you should see both you and your mothers numbers listed below and you can unselect the number the messages should not be going to in order to clear it. Hope that helps!

Thanks!

Charise

ACE - Sage

• 

92K Messages

7 y ago

If you are sharing an Apple ID, it is likely the problem. You should have your own Apple ID on your phone.

You can share purchases by joining together as a family plan with Apple sharing.

*****PLEASE DO NOT post any personal, private or identifying information. *****
This is a customer to customer forum. We can't guarantee an employee will see your post.
We will do our best to help you.
Please provide enough details of your problem so that we aren't asking you dumb question, or worse, giving you dumb answers.

If we are able to help, please mark the solution so your question is marked SOLVED, it may help other users. Thank you! 📱

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 y ago

Thanks for the Help. I think that might just work. I shut off FaceTime on both phones and deselected her phone number on both phones.

Thanks Again
DC

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

2 y ago

I ruled out SIM card failure by getting a brand new one. I also ruled out device failure by putting a different line SIM card in my device that wasn't having forwarding issues and had no issues with different line SIM. Thus I ruled out SIM and Device failure, which the agents and techs will blame once they can't figure it out. 

Call normal agent, not advanced tech, and ask them to disable and then reactivate the call forwarding feature on the Network (back end). Fixed mine after 3 advance techs (sounds like in India), 4 in store reps, and 5 agents over there phone! 

Need help?
The new iPhone 13
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.