Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
The new iPad Pro & iPad Air!
mjpierce67's profile

4 Messages

Friday, September 22nd, 2023 6:29 PM

Can’t send group messages

I have an iPhone 14 Pro IOS17, I can’t send group messages unless all recipients are iPhones, also don’t have a group message option in settings

ACE - Expert

• 

24.5K Messages

8 months ago

@mjpierce67  File the BBB complaint so you can talk directly with a Senior Manager who has the authority and resources to look deeper into issues like this. The normal CS Agents can't. For us, it was a corrupted file on my account that took awhile to isolate and fix. It might also be a good idea just to give Apple a call and have them run diagnostics to ensure that there are not any hardware/software issues to rule out the phone before talking to AT&T again.

1 Message

7 months ago

I am having the exact same problem iOS 17.03 iPhone 14, started after last update. I suddenly could not post to message thread with 3 friends of which 2 have android phones. No settings were changed by me. I can send them texts individually and it works with mms turned off, that is the only change that affects it and it stops working again if I turn it back on. Also, turning mms off changes the thread to individual texts instead of an actual group, so three individual texts not an actual group. If someone has an actual solution instead of just the canned responses it would be great. I have tried all the standard troubleshooting including trying things on my own and all I found was it was related to mms but turning it off is not a workable solution. Hopefully we can get some actual developers or engineers to look at this. I’ve been plagued with problems messaging androids since my first iPhone, it’s getting old.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.5K Messages

7 months ago

@Eddiejewell  Don't expect any network engineers or developers to respond here because they don't and won't. This is for customers only. There aren't any hard-fast "this is what is causing this" answers as it doesn't affect all iPhone users (we are one with different models and iOS's). To get senior management aware of this problem you should follow my advice and file the BBB complaint so you can discuss this directly with a Senior Manager in the Office of the President, because fixing this seems to be on a case by case basis. Apple points their finger at AT&T and AT&T points their finger at Apple. Personally, having gone thru this a couple of years ago, I pointing my finger at AT&T. 

Have you installed a new SIM by any chance?

1 Message

3 months ago

so i’m not the only one! we haven’t found a solution in almost 20 years!! my husband, same plan, phone newer or older, has never had this issue.  can’t even send a photo to one person who is not on iphone. at&t points finger at apple. apple spends hours troubleshooting and points finger at at&t. 😬🙄🤔

checking SIM.

found this thread while searching for (Edited per community guidelines) (Edited per community guidelines) around this matter…

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.