Can't get cell service from ATT
1. My phone was stolen Friday night. Yes stolen not lost very upsetting to be robbed.
2. Called ATT Saturday morning. Agent said that iphone 7 plus jet black in stock will ship. (Yippee)
3. After a long 45 minutes he said phone won't ship until December (Not Yippee).
4. Trip to best buy to get burner.
5. Call ATT to hook up ATT go phone (burner)
6. Won't hook up because pending order of iphone 7 plus preventing it.
7. ATT agent cancels order so that the go phone will activate. After long hold says the order won't cancel for 24 hours.
8. Call back in 24 hours. Agent says (after very long hold) that its actually 48 hours.
9 Call back in 55 hours. Agent says (after very long hold) that the iphone 7 orders have clobberred the system. But don't worry its normally 48 hours so it should just be a matter of days. Says they will call me when its cancelled so that I can get service on the go phone (burner).
10. days have gone by no call from ATT.
11. Figured out how to check order status on web. Order still pending after 5 days. I still don't have cell service on go phone or any phone since I won't have phone until December.
12. Reading as many posts as I can to figure this all out.
13. Read post that orders actually can't be cancelled because it would slow down the orders of people that orderred. Its just a simple matter of refusing the shipment when it arrives.
14. Its Sept 21 and my order will arrive sometime in December. So I can't refuse shipment until 3 months from now.
15 Can't get service for 3 months or so.
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME! I've been with ATT wireless the entire time since you could get a cell phone. I was with the original ATT wireless and then Cingular bought them and changed their name to ATT wireless so I'm a lifer and nobody can assist me.