The new iPhone 15
C

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, January 21st, 2020 9:37 AM

Cannot unlock my iphone

Hello,

I am living abroad for the next six months and need to unlock my phone to use an international sim card (not going to pay 10$ a day for 6 months). I submitted my unlock request almost two weeks ago and still have not heard from AT&T with unlocking instructions I have called customer service four times and they just keep telling me nothing's wrong and that I will get an email in 24-48 hours....I never get an email. I have triple checked all the requirements and meet all of them so I do not understand what the problem is. I feel trapped by At&t being forced to pay 10$ a day and am worried I will have to buy a whole new phone. Any advice on how to resolve this issue? I'm desperate!

ACE - Master

• 

10.4K Messages

4 years ago

File an FCC complaint. They will respond to that.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

Except the OP is apparently already living abroad. Not sure how that complicates filing a complaint but it likely complicates ATT responding.

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Employee

• 

797 Messages

4 years ago

Hello,

Check status on www.att.com/deviceunlock and maybe try to resubmit again. Verify your AT&T account is current, the phone was purchased from AT&T and it has been paid off two or more days before you submitted a request. If that doesn’t work, I found this might help:

“How do I contact AT&T International Customer Care while traveling abroad? For questions while roaming outside the U.S., contact AT&T by calling +1.314. 925.6925, a free call from your AT&T wireless phone, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.“

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.