Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

• 

7 Messages

Thu, Feb 13, 2020 4:27 PM

Cannot send mms to non iPhones

***Edit*** turned off iMessage , mms won't work for apple iPhones either. Mms 100% broken

Have iPhone XS Max

Cannot send ANY mms messages to non iPhone users

I've checked, rechecked settings

Reset network settings

Turn phone on/off

Etc.

Spoke to apple, said it's not their problem

Spoke to ATT they did some remote check & said they can't find an issue

Responses

• 

7 Messages

2 months ago

ps: I'm iOS beta . But apple insists it's not that.

MMS last worked June 25th

iMessage works perfect

Non iPhone ppl cannot receive any images /files

Just written texts

mobilemax

Employee

• 

796 Messages

2 months ago

Hello,

I’d get the Apple Support app (free in App Store) and use it to have the chat check the issue again. Then I’d go to Settings> iMessage and turn it off. Try sending MMS. if no change, hard restart gone and try again, ensure iMessage is off. If no change, find local store and get a new SIM card.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

• 

7 Messages

@mobilemax good suggestion, sadly mms is "broke" for everyone.

New SIM card or new operating system?

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

35.7K Messages

2 months ago

You’re probably not sending mms to iPhones either, you are likely sending iMessages. MMS messages require cellular data. Is your cellular data on and working? It’s also possible the iOS beta has messed up your apn settings.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

7 Messages

@sandblaster

Edit: turned off iMessage, kept on data, no mms to apple ppl either. Mms doesn't work for anyone

How do I fix/check apn settings?

(edited)

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

35.7K Messages

Unfortunately, you can’t change apn settings on an iPhone. Apn settings are set automatically via the carrier file. I don’t even know how to see what they are set to.

Edit: Apparently, you can only view or change apn settings if the carrier allows and it would appear ATT does not.

(edited)

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…