For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15

AT&T related help: Digital phone support

MiaP's profile

• 

9 Messages

Friday, June 17th, 2022 11:59 AM

Can I use my iPhone with a Danish sim-card?

Hi, I bought a IPhone at your store, because my phone got stolen. - I am from Denmark. Now I am back home, and I can’t get the Local card to work… why?? They are saying that something in the phone are broken.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Master

• 

10.4K Messages

2 years ago

If you bought a phone from AT&T it’s locked to AT&T, and won’t work with any other SIM card unless it’s unlocked.  You have to request it to be unlocked.

https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/

Note that the eligibility requirements that must be met before an unlock will be approved.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

2 years ago

Just in case someone from another country reads this, never ever buy a phone from a service provider in the United States. Purchase an unlocked phone directly from the manufacturer without any carrier SIM card.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

2 years ago

If you bought it at an AT&T store it's locked to AT&T so it can only be used on the AT&T network. The requirements for unlocking include having service for 6 months (assuming you were using a prepaid AT&T SIM in the US.)

You can sell it on eBay, noting that it still must meet the unlock requirements and then buy a phone that will work in Denmark or pay for a less-than-official service to force it unlocked.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.