Cyber Monday Deals: Get the Samsung Galaxy S21 FREE with no trade-in required!
What is happening with 3G?
inti88's profile
inti88
#1 Star!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Fri, Sep 19, 2014 2:38 PM

Can i buy AT&T iphone 6 full price and have it unlocked?

I preordered iPhone 6 and it will arrive today. I want to give it to my sister who is with another carrier. Can I pay the phone in full and have it unlocked?

I am existing AT&T customer, previoulsy without contract and this new iphone is upgraded through contract. I'm planning to cancel the contract and pay the phone in full and have it unlocked. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 y ago

I bought a ATT No contract Windows phone in December, just used it for wifi, not a att customer never got service on the phone. Just put in a request online to unlock it (chose option not a customer and just had to provide IMEI and an email address) 1 day later I got an unlock code, now I can use it on T-mobile. I want 2 more phones not sure if i will get away with it again and dont want to wait 9 months and dont want to get att service. Would be nice to know the exact rules they have for unlocking phones. the ATT no contract phone is $100 cheaper than the Unlocked phone.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 y ago

if i buy an at&t iphone 6 from at&t and pay full price, it is locked to at&t correct? can i still use my own at&t sim card and plan with the iphone 6 even though it is locked? Also do i have to pay any contract fees or anything? my plan is a prepaid plan, can i unlock my iphone from at&t, but still choose to use the at&t sim card?

Gary L

ACE - Expert

• 

15.8K Messages

5 y ago

@thebookthief01 wrote:

if i buy an at&t iphone 6 from at&t and pay full price, it is locked to at&t correct? can i still use my own at&t sim card and plan with the iphone 6 even though it is locked? Also do i have to pay any contract fees or anything? my plan is a prepaid plan, can i unlock my iphone from at&t, but still choose to use the at&t sim card?

You can buy unlocked from Apple for full price.  (Not sure if they still have the 6)

Need help?
The new iPhone 13
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.