Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
The new iPad Pro & iPad Air!
jjalx124's profile

1 Message

Monday, April 22nd, 2024 4:19 PM

Bought a phone that was reported stolen after

I bought an Iphone 15 promax on fb marketplace and the seller said it can be unlocked cause it was paid off already. But when I tried unlocking the phone on the AT&T website, it showed that it still has balance left and that it cannot be unlocked. So I just got scammed and the seller will just report it as stolen and get a new phone so she got my money and a new phone and I got a useless blacklisted phone. Will AT&T help me with this because I got a proof that I bought the phone from her and that she reset the phone before I bought it and I set it up with my iCloud.

Accepted Solution

ACE - Master

• 

10.6K Messages

26 days ago

AT&T will not help you in any way with a phone that is reported lost or stolen.  It won’t be removed from the blacklist or unlocked.  The issue is between you and the person who you bought the phone from.  Sorry you got scammed by someone, but AT&T isn’t going to get involved.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.6K Messages

26 days ago

If you file a complaint I believe the seller will be banned from the marketplace. But I don't know if you'll get any money back

ACE - Expert

• 

24.4K Messages

26 days ago

Yes, file the complaint on Marketplace because that's all you can do. Once blacklisted the phone is banned from any and all networks. It becomes an expensive iPod.

ACE - Expert

• 

35.5K Messages

25 days ago

Will AT&T help me with this

No.  Do as the others have said and deal with the seller and/or the marketplace and/or the payment mechanism you used.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.