AT&T Holiday Deals & Gifts - Don't miss these holiday deals on the latest devices!
The new iPhone 14
neelesh296711's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Wed, Dec 5, 2018 10:38 PM

BOGO offer a fraud by AT&T

I got tricked by AT&T employees for BOGO offer in August, 2018. They called me 2-3 times to upgrade my iPhone to new one and offered BOGO, if I am taking another phone for new line. I took the offer. After a month, when they charged me monthly installment for free phone, I called them and they said that they will credit back after 3 months back. I was upset but waited for 3 months and I again called today (12/05/2018) for the same. As usual, the new person picked up the phone and he clearly said that I am not eligible for the offer because I didn't take new TV connection at that time. I swear, they never mentioned this at the time I took the BOGO offer. In-fact that time, I got 3 calls for the same offer. After I argued for the agent today (12/05/2018), he connected me to Attorney. This lady was really pathetic, not able to speak, hardly speaking, keeping me on hold for longer period, so that I can drop the call. She gave me number of excuses to turn away....Finally when she realized that I am leaving her until the case is resolved. She submitted the case (# CAM20181205138009243) to her manager and she mentioned in the case that this BOGO offer was only for Samsung phone and NOT for iPhones. I got really shocked because this excuse I heard first time in my all conversations in last four months. now I am completely trapped because I can't return the phone also.

I am very upset and want to cut all my relationships with AT&T. I have been with AT&T for last 12 years, having 3 lines in my plan until they offered me BOGO in August, 2018, then I added 4th line. So, I have 4 lines at this time.

They are really shameless people. In my every conversation, even today, when I was upset and arguing with them, they were trying to sell other services to me such as TV, home phone etc... I will never take any service from them and will start finding a new provider for my phone lines.

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

60.9K Messages

4 years ago

I feel for you but most BOGO offers the last two years required TV service. It is inexcusable for them not to have told you about that requirement. What is even worse is the BOGO offer occurring right now only requires the new line, not TV. I suggest you file an FCC complaint. It will result in someone from the Office of the President contacting you. They have the power to fix, no guarantee they will, though.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

Thank you sandblaster!! Can you please tell me , how to file a FCC complain?
sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

60.9K Messages

4 years ago

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

Thank you!! I have filed a FCC complain. Lets see, how it goes.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.