What is happening with 3G?
Z

• 

2 Messages

Wed, Sep 30, 2020 9:23 PM

Blocked IMEI number

This is going to sound very strange but I'm from the UK and I'm trying to sell my old iPhone 7 Plus. The UK-based company that I'm selling to says that AT&T has blocked my IMEI number even though I have never used AT&T before, and that they won't return my phone unless AT&T unblocks my IMEI number. I live in the UK so I find this very strange. Please help! 

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

54.2K Messages

1 y ago

Not sure what you mean by blocked IMEI but if your phone were locked to ATT, you would not have been able to use it on a different carrier. You did have service on it, yes? What carrier was it last used on? 

dwill05

ACE - Master

• 

5.9K Messages

1 y ago

Is the phone locked, as in carrier locked so that it only works with AT&T?  Or is it blacklisted because it’s been flagged as lost or stolen?  Two different things.  Are you the original owner of the phone, and how long have you had it?  Have you used the phone with a UK carrier?

• 

2 Messages

1 y ago

Hi, I just got off the phone with customer service and they said that it was fraudulently flagged as lost/stolen (that’s what came up on their blacklist system). I’m the original owner of the phone, I bought it brand new in July 2016, and it had been flagged as stolen/lost in December 2016. I don’t know how they did it. It’s not locked to any network as I travel a lot and need to use different SIM cards, but I have never used ATT nor travelled to the US during the time I’ve had the phone. 

• 

4 Messages

1 y ago

I have the same problem.

I’m the original owner of the phone, I bought it brand new directly from Apple USA in Sept. 2018, and it has been flagged as stolen/lost in December 2019.  but stopped working on sept. 23 2020,. I don’t know how they did it. It’s not locked to any network as I travel a lot and need to use different SIM cards, but I have never used ATT and uses the phone mostly in Brazil with carrier VIVO.

Have sent copy of the invoice to AT&T when I bought the phone from Apple but no response.

Is there anyway to solve this or am forced to buy a new phone?
When checking AT&T IMEI black list it's shown as clean, but checking on the global check list it's listed as blocked by AT&T Mobility.
Need help?
The new iPhone 13
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.