Announcements
You Could WIN A Year Of Wireless Service – Learn More!

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Fri, Nov 29, 2019 7:12 PM

Blacklisted iphone 7

I bought a 3rd party iPhone 7 from someone off of mercari. I’m pretty sure they committed insurance fraud then sold it to me. But AT&T does not recognize the IMEI even though I paid to find out it is through AT&T and talked to AT&T and they told me it wasn’t in they’re system. But I know for a fact it AT&T I’m willing to use AT&T if I have to even though I have tracfone. I just don’t want to lose out on money because some crappy person committed insurance fraud then sold me the phone.

Responses

Accepted Solution

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

69.4K Messages

2 months ago

Nothing AT&T can do.  

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Accepted Solution

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

2 months ago

Its ok I cut my losses gave it to my 12 year old as a glorified ipod he's happy, I'm happy and I ordered a new in the box phone so...hey happy ending!

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

34K Messages

2 months ago

If the phone is blacklisted, sorry but there is nothing you can do. It won’t work on any carrier. Are you sure it’s blacklisted? ATT not recognizing the IMEI does not mean it’s blacklisted.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

2 months ago

It comes up as blacklisted when I do a IMEI search.