Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
The epic new Samsung Galaxy S21 5G is available for preorder now!
D

• 

1 Message

Thu, Nov 26, 2020 7:05 AM

Awful, unhelpful phone unlock page

It's beyond annoying that this seems to be a consistent issue for at least the past two years and the only thing that a sales agent has to do for the question to earn 'confirmed answer' status is to repost the same requirements listed on the unlock portal itself, regardless of how many times the person asking the question has said they've already made sure they meet them. That AT&T can't seem to find a more descriptive error notice to show people than "we're having network issues," though whenever asked agents defer elsewhere. And i'm sorry, whatever agent may or may not see this, for the tone - i know you don't have any control over the actions of a soulless service provider. This is frustrating nonetheless.

Anyway! I'm here, asking the same question as apparently dozens of others had who have only gotten solutions via PM throughout the years!

I've been trying to use the device unlock portal for days, and keep getting the 'it looks like we're having network difficulties' message. I've tried multiple devices. I've tried multiple browsers. I've tried clearing my cache. And!! I meet the requirements for unlocking my phone! So, what exactly would you have me do now, oh glorious company? I've just moved to another country and am sick of having to wait for wifi when i'm out because your of your broken portal. All i want to do is put another sim card in my phone.

Responses

Accepted Solution

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

20.9K Messages

2 months ago

The portal is not broken ATT is actively blocking traffic from said country.  Use a VPN and one that is in the USA.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

81.4K Messages

2 months ago

Yup, this ⤴️

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Get started...

Ask a new question