Available Now: Buy the new iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max from AT&T!
The new iPhone 14
Esghome's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sun, Nov 24, 2019 2:39 AM

Awful customer service regarding buyer’s remorse

We recently upgraded a phone in our account, and have been trying to exchange it with the 14-day buyer’s remorse  option. I have spent hours on the phone with Customer Service. During my first phone call, I was told that we would receive the new phone and then would have to return the other one. Then when I gave the Customer Service Rep the IMEI number, he told me that it wasn’t valid. After being on hold for about 30 minutes, he told me that there was something wrong with their system, and that he would call me back. He did call me back, and said they needed more time and would call me back - but he never called me back.

I was also told that I could exchange the phone a any AT&T store. However, when I called a store, they told me I had to go to a corporate store. So I called the three corporate stores closest to us, and none of them had the phone that we need.

So I called AT&T again, and again the representative wasn’t helpful. I was told that I should go to a store. At that point I asked to speak with a supervisor. When I spoke with her, she said the system was being upgraded and she would call me back. Again, I never received a call back.

I called back later that day, and was on the phone from one person to another for two hours. First, I was told that I had to return the phone before we could get the exchange. I explained that I was told that we could get the exchange first. After being bounced from representative to representative, I landed in the E-commerce department. The person there told me that the IMEI number on that phone wasn’t in the system. Then he told me that it was associated a phone that we had years ago, and couldn’t process the exchange because of that. 

Basically, I spent hours on the phone, got absolutely nowhere - all because of an error on AT&T’s part, and now I don’t know if we’ll be able to make an exchange within the 14 days allotted to the buyer’s remorse program. After being a loyal AT&T customer for many years, this experience has soured me to the company. With no resolution in sight, we may be forced to change providers.

Gary L

ACE - Expert

• 

16.1K Messages

3 y مضت

You need to return that phone before 14 days (inclusive) are over.

(the day you bought it counts as day 1)

ACE - Sage

• 

100.4K Messages

3 y مضت

Just do the return, that’s primary.  You can return at a corporate store.  SAVE RETURN RECEIPT 
Then once your upgrade status resets, order from Apple, Best Buy or At&t (SHIP TO STORE FOR PICK UP). 

Need help?
The new iPhone 14
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.