For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
V

• 

1 Message

Monday, April 6th, 2020 1:17 AM

Att

I called to ask for a new phone and they asked to call another number. I ask for a discount and they say they can do anything. I am an existing att home, business and cell phone user. After this fiasco I am looking for a company that at least it would be cheaper but responds.

ACE - Master

• 

10.4K Messages

4 years ago

Right now, with the virus, getting a hold of someone can be difficult at times. Like many companies, AT&T has cut back their operations. If you are looking for a special discount on a new phone because you’re a long time customer or spend a lot of money with AT&T, there aren’t any. All of their ”deals” are available online, and are the same for every customer. Like all of the cell phone companies, they are more interested in getting new customers than keeping old ones, so the better deals are for those who switch from another carrier. Also, you’re better off ordering online where you can see the terms and conditions and can print them out, than talking to someone on the phone. The forum is full of people complaining that they were told verbally they would get some deal, but didn’t get it.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

4 years ago

Agree with @dwill05

There are no free phones anymore. That business model has been gone for 5 years. And in truth the phones under the old to your contract we're never actually free. The cost of the phone was rolled into your service cost which is why there was an early termination fee if you cancelled early.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.