For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
thebudman's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Monday, September 26th, 2016 2:56 AM

Closed

ATT won't repace iPhone not delivered by FedEx...

I have been trying since 9/16 to get my new iphone.  I have called 6 times and have gotten a different story every time I have called.  Even the supervisors I have asked to talk to have not given me correct information.  On 9/17 I was promised a call (within 24 hours) from the department handling this.  8 days later, I am still waiting for that infamous call.  No one at AT&T  will escalate my issue.  No one will put me in direct contact with the department handling this.   No one can tell me when I will receive my replacement phone.  I have received NO CONTACT whatsoever from AT&T regarding this.  They are being disrespectful to their long term customers.  On 9/21, an arrogant supervisor even "guaranteed" that I would have the phone by 9/24 at the latest.  Didn't arrive.  Made one more call yesterday.  I was told it still hasn't been shipped no one knows when it will be.  I've actually been told to "just wait for it".  This is a JOKE!   They have my $$$.  I have no phone.  No one is helping me from AT&T.  I am being held hostage.  I filed a report with FedEx.  What more can I do.  There is no way to contact anyone at AT&T that has any knowledge or authority.  Help me please!!! 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

8 years ago

Send a message through the forum to @ATTMobilityCare give them the details and request they fix if immediately. 

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

8 years ago

Thank you - I did as you suggested.  I will see what I hear back from AT&T.  

Scholar

• 

106 Messages

8 years ago

You can contact your credit card company or bank that issued the card you used to pay for the phone, to see if you have any options. Some credit cards have loss and theft protection, and you may also have the option to dispute the charges. 

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

8 years ago

The point being -- I should not have to resort to that.   Although I have already done this, I shouldn't need to.  Why should my credit card absorb this loss?  I have been very poorly treated by AT&T for no fault of my own.  All I want is my phone.  I have done all that I was asked to do when purchasing this phone, and AT&T isn't holding up their end of the transaction.  I have been loyal - they have not.  It appears they do not care much for the customers that keep them in business.

I appreciate your suggestion though.  Thank you.

Scholar

• 

106 Messages

8 years ago

I understand your frustration, I would feel the same way. Believe me, your bank or credit card company would investigate and require the responsible party to reimburse them for money they had to pay. Hopefully the party that's responsible will step up to make this right. 

Scholar

• 

338 Messages

8 years ago

Was the phone shipped by AT&T and subsequently lost by FedEx or was it never shipped? If it was lost by FedEx then your beef is win FedEx, not AT&T. You'll need to file a claim with them. Why should AT&T foot the bill for FedEx's mistake?

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

8 years ago

AT&T is responsible for getting my phone delivered. They contracted with FedEx. Not me. I have never taken possession of it. Any settlement/investigation should be between the two of them. NOT my responsibility. And, in my opinion, high priced items should require a signature (like Apple does). I was shocked to find out that they don't require it.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

8 years ago

@gphipps

I agree with @thebudman.  Until a phone is delivered, it's the responsibility of the delivery company and the shipper, not the customer.  

Once it has been marked as delivered, then the customer has to deal with the shipper or their own insurance.  

In this day and age, I would not have an item shipped if I had concerns it might not be there when I got home.  And unfortunately, theives are often following the trucks or working for the shipping company.  Can't trust anybody.  

@thebudman. Keep us updated as to the response from ATT.  Escalate to BBB if you need to.

This shouldn't be so hard.  If LL bean ships me boots, and they don't show up, Beans takes the hit and ships another pair of boots.  I suppose a $200 pair of boots and an $900 phone are not the same thing.  In which case ATT should be shipping with signature required.  

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

8 years ago

Situations like this are always a tough place to be in.  As was stated earlier,  while in transit, the package is the responsibility of the shipper (AT&T) and the carrier (FedEx).  Since the package was left on the doorstep, and marked delivered,  the issue then transitioned to FedEx and the customer.  It is hard for the customer to prove that the package was shipped fully in tact from AT&T, and that the carrier in fact opened the package and took the item out.  Similarly, the package could have been left on the door step hours or minutes earlier, and someone else could have opened the box to remove the phone before the customer ever got to the door to pick up the package.

In this case, since the customer claims to have never received the phone and the carrrier said they delivered it, the conflict it really between those two, but AT&T is involved as they are the shipper.  The customer has every right to not pay for something if they never received it, and I feel that if AT&T shipped the package without requiring some proof of delivery (a signature required) they do have some accountability here too.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

8 years ago

The OP last call was told the phone was not shipped yet.  For all we know this is not lost, and just not yet shipped, backordered.  Depending on which phone ordered, the wait is considerable. 

There is a thread ad on the piano/jet black iPhone 7.  They might have all orders filled by New Years. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.