Announcements
HBO Max - where HBO meets so much more!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thu, Nov 29, 2018 7:02 PM

AT&T Support for eSIM for iPhone XS, XS MAX and XR

I purchased an iPhone XS Max with dual sim (eSIM and nano SIM) capability.  The phone is unlocked and I currently have a AT&T nano SIM Card installed and operational.  Both Verizon and AT&T tell me that programming for the eSIM is not currently available from each respective carrier.  This inquiry is post deployment of IOS 12.1 which added the dual SIM compatible software.  Does anyone know whether AT&T or Verizon have scheduled a date for use of the eSIM?  I'd like to add Verizon service to my iPhone XS Max, but first I need to either Verizon or AT&T to offer eSIM activation for their respective service. 

Responses

Contributor

• 

1 Message

a year ago

I tried to add a Verizon number to my iPhone XS as the ESIM, Verizon told me the iPhone needed to be unlocked.  I spoke with AT&T Support and was told the iPhone Xs did not need to be unlocked.  So, I went by an AT&T store and they looked at me like a Deer into Headlights, did some checking and the manager came out and told me the iPhone had to be unlocked.  I explained that that was the reason I upgraded to the iPhone XS because I could combine my work and personal phone numbers on one phone.  I was told that I would need to pay off the new phone before they would allow me to use the iPhone ESIM feature with another carrier.  I explained that if I did that it would break my BOGO contract to no avail, so AT&T is blocking an iPhone feature with their Policy of locking the iPhones....

kostya88

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

a year ago

In this situation unfortunately AT&T is telling you the truth ....  The only way to run multiple networks on one phone is to have an unlocked device,  that means you either pay it off or you get an iPhone through the iPhone upgrade program through Apple. No way to get around the unlock. Sorry

PSUNYH

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

a year ago

I have been buying iPhones directly from the Apple stores, same price. You also have the option to pay monthly (interest free).