The new iPhone 15
ceaser333's profile

• 

1 Message

Saturday, September 24th, 2022 11:13 AM

AT&T refuses unlock my fully paid off iPhone 11

I have an 11 Pro Max that I paid off earlier this year (after the usual 36 month installment) and would like to give it to someone who could use a new phone since I already have the 14. I have tried unlocking it through the AT&T website but it gives me an error saying “Your unlock request was denied because the account information doesn't match our records.”

I have also tried filing it saying I do not have an AT&T account and get the same result. I tried calling support and they’re saying that I had the phone replaced by Apple 2 years ago under warranty and that they can’t unlock it because it’s not the same phone I got when I signed up for my plan. This is insane. I had an iPhone 7 that I purchased through AT&T and paid off and unlocked with no issues, I know for a fact I had that phone replaced by Apple.

How do I force them to unlock it? This is infuriating.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

2 years ago

If you did have the phone replaced under warranty, you should have had the IMEI corrected on your account.   It would have been quite simple to do that and then request the phone be unlocked while it was still in use. Now they have no idea where the phone came from. It doesn't match any records.  

Have you checked to see if the phone is already unlocked?

https://www.iphonelife.com/content/how-to-know-if-your-iphone-unlocked-what-means#How%20to%20Check%20If%20iPhone%20Is%20Unlocked%20in%20Settings

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.