The new iPhone 15
M

• 

3 Messages

Friday, December 3rd, 2021 12:48 PM

AT&T Refurbished Iphone 12 Pro Max

TO KEEP IN MIND! I AM NOT FROM US

I just bought a refurbished iphone 12 pro max from Amazon and I found that AT&T is cheaper so I bought it and when I received it, I could not use my sim card, so I went to a local repair shop and they told me that it was locked by a carrier, I took more information from them and finally knew that it was locked by AT&T, is there a way to unlock it. As I can't use your carrier in my country.

Thank You,

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

2 years ago

@Mohammed_alajmi

I don't think you understand. Your phone's IMEI is not registered in AT&T unlock portal which is the only way to request the phone be unlocked. In order to get it unlocked you would have to be a customer of AT&T.   You can't, because you don't live in the USA. 

Return the phone to Amazon. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

2 years ago

Probably not.  AT&T can't unlock a phone that hasn't been registered and used on AT&T for 60 days of paid service.  Which you can't get or use out of USA.  Return the phone.  (now you know why it was cheaper)

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

2 years ago

To unlock use the unlock portal but your phone likely won’t meet the requirements to unlock. There is a minimum usage on ATT requirement. You may need to return the phone:

https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

@sandblaster I think I can't as I need to connect to AT&T Hotspot to unlock it 

ACE - Master

• 

10.4K Messages

2 years ago

No connection to AT&T is needed for the actual unlocking.  That’s done via the Apple servers, so all you need to do is connect to them.

The only connection to AT&T that’s required is to their web unlocking portal, but that doesn’t have to go through an AT&T hotspot.  You connect to that how you normally do to any other web site.

However, if you’re trying to connect from overseas, you could see a network error message that prevents you from accessing the site.  If that’s the case, you should try using a US based VPN to get around the block on foreign ISPs.

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

@formerlyknownas OK, now I understand, so you mean that I should buy the unlocked version as I can't use locked if I am outside USA?

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

2 years ago

Yes

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.