The new iPhone 15
C

• 

2 Messages

Friday, May 29th, 2020 3:26 PM

AT&T reception and iPhone 8 Plus - awful reception

iPhone 8 Plus bad service:

My husband and I both have iPhone 8 Plus phones for a few years now and AT&T and never really had any problems until....

In the 15 plus years that we have been with AT&T, we have not had many issues.

Sadly, over the last year, both of us are having major reception issues with our phones.

Over the last year, The issues range from spotty reception (in any location we are at), no reception, buffering, dropped calls, calls not connecting, from failed calls, when I answer a call the person can’t hear me or I can’t hear them and reverb while we are on a phone call.

We never had bad service with any of our old Iphones. The reception was usually dependable, fast & never really ever buffered nor dropped calls. BUT over the past year, our phones usually only ever have one to two bars of service... no matter where we are at; work, home, store.

Our phones have the latest Apple/iPhone update and we also did the reccomened reset network settings on phone... and sadly, this did not work.

We are thinking about switching once our contract is up unless this can get resolved.

Thank you for any help.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

4 years ago

Interesting. I have an iPhone 8 Plus and reception has always been excellent outside of the home, locally and out of the area. In-home, not so good so we use WiFi-C and reception is just fine. Maybe there are issues with your service area.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.