Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
The new iPad Pro & iPad Air!
dlbrewton's profile

1 Message

Saturday, July 29th, 2023 2:02 PM

AT&T not willing or able to unlock Device.

I am in the process of switching from AT&T. I have moved all of the lines except one. This one device is paid off and been in service for more than one year. They tell me there was a technical issue with a device replacement a month back. I have spent many hours on the phone with Back-office team just for them to tell me to give them more time. It has been more than a week. At this point i feel like they are not willing to unlock this phone. I have started researching how to report this "Theft" and will be pursuing any outlets i can find. I have contacted the Attorney General to file a claim. I do not recommend every purchasing a phone from At&T or using their service. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.8K Messages

10 months ago

If the phone was replaced via insurance or warranty the IMEI is not the same as the one originally purchased. You have to call AT&T and let them know the device was replaced under warranty or insurance and have them correct the IMEI.   

Assuming the warranty replacement is locked, it may not be, AT&T should be able to process the unlock once the IMEI has been corrected.

ACE - Master

• 

10.7K Messages

10 months ago

Just file a BBB or FCC complaint, or a notice of dispute.

https://www.att.com/help/notice-of-dispute/

The Attorney General isn’t going to do anything for you.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.