Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Tippy8382's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tue, Jan 20, 2015 8:01 PM

AT&T Next

After the 30 month period is over so I get to keep my iPhone 6 plus or do I still have to trade it in to get a new phone?

Responses

Anonymous

• 

25.7K Messages

6 y ago

After 30 months of payments, you have paid the full price of the phone and the phone is yours.  It's only when you want to upgrade after 12 months, or 15 months or 18 months (whatever payment plan you are on) that you have to trade the phone in.

Anonymous

• 

25.7K Messages

6 y ago

I was also told that on the 24 month plan which might also apply to the 30 month, that they waive the last 6 months and you can trade your phone in 6 months before the date is up. This was what the representative said although I chose the 2 year contract anyway. What one representative says does not always mean it's true. Smiley Frustrated

@Tippy8382 wrote:
After the 30 month period is over so I get to keep my iPhone 6 plus or do I still have to trade it in to get a new phone?

kdfederer

ACE - Expert

• 

12.3K Messages

6 y ago

From the AT&T NEXT website

AT&T Next 24 then divides the regular price of your smartphone into 30 low monthly installments.

Trade in your qualified smartphone to upgrade after 24 installments. Your payments are conveniently billed on your monthly statement.

Other Options:
AT&T Next 18: Divided into 24 installments; trade in and upgrade after 18 installments.

AT&T Next 12: Divided into 20 installments; trade in and upgrade after 12 installments.

This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Anonymous

• 

25.7K Messages

6 y ago

From what I was told, you can keep your phone if you want. But with technology changing so quickly, it might be better to get a new phone. They won't take it away from you. It is your phone now. But I would ask a representative this very question, just to be sure. And if you do keep your old phone, you might have to buy a brand new plan if you wanted a new phone in the future. It won't roll over. But again, I would ask a representative..

Get started...

Ask a new question