Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Get to the head of the class with our Back to School deals!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Sun, Nov 15, 2015 4:43 PM

AT&T Next Trade in

Does anybody know if a trade in device can be taken into a store for return? I received a new iPhone 6s Plus a week ago but never received a return label. If anybody knows I would appreciate it! Thanks 🙂
Corey

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

kdfederer

ACE - Expert

• 

12K Messages

5 years ago

He is talking about the trade in device that they were supposed to return with the purchase of the new phone under NEXT trade in.

You should be able to take it to a corporate store for trade in purpose. Make sure that you get a receipt for the trade in.

This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

76.5K Messages

5 years ago

You should contact support ASAP and ask about the return label.  If it isn't returned in 2 weeks they bill your account for the balance ( then you keep the phone)

If your Next plan was completely paid off, you do not have to return the phone. 

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Ok Thanks for the replies, I will try to take it to a corporate store and let you know what happens! I do not want to be billed for my older phone. You guys are great! Thanks!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

This is helpful but can I mail my next trade in phone via mail? Use the same box the original came in with the label supplied? 

Thanks!

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 months ago

I spent an hour and half on the phone with AT&T today trying to track down my trade-in that I mailed in using the Pre-paid label provided in the box when I received my new phone. The tracking number via USPS says it was delivered on September 23. The agent I spoke with and the supervisor were no help. The agent actually told me to go to USPS and once I get there, call them back so they can speak with them so they can ask USPS where the package is. Reading some of the forums, this seems to be an issue and need to know the next step in tracking down my trade-in so I can get my credit. Isn't there a way for them to track the prepaid label that was provided. I obviously didn't just mail to a random address. If I use the label provided, why is it so hard to track down where the package is? It is RIDICULOUS to ask me to go to USPS and them call them back so that AT&T can hear from USPS where the package is. Surely there is a point of contact at these warehouses that receive the trade in devices. It is very frustrating, when you do as instructed and use a label provided, yet no one can tell me anything.

Contributor

• 

5 Messages

Just wondering how everything turned out for you. I'm having my own Next Trade issues.

• 

1 Message

I am having a similar problem. I mailed a trade-in using the label AT&T emailed to me. When I track my trade in, USPS says “in transit”, that was back in February!! It is now June!! I mailed in a fully paid off phone that I was told had a trade-in value of $300 and now that phone is MIA?!? Have already spent at least 6 hours, over 4 different phone calls, with AT&T customer (dis)service and have gotten no where😡😡😡

Get started...

Ask a new question