Pre-order the New Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4 & Galaxy Z Fold4 and, for a limited time, get twice the storage and a free case!
super_pj's profile
super_pj
Helpful 1
#1 Star!
Picasso

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

Wed, Sep 10, 2014 2:54 AM

ATT Next Savings?

Based on the website (http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/next.html), they lay it out the payments assuming you buy a Galaxy S5 (which I assume is similar in terms of pricing to the iPhone 6). 

Right off the bat, you know that the 1 year plan isn't really saving you anything considering you nearly paid for more than half of the phone. Which brings me to this:

Doing some math and skipping the boring algebra, I came up to that doing 18 months Next Plan and using the 24month option to pay it off so that you can keep is actually the best deal! Based off of their 1 year comparisons, the 18month plan is best but who would want to give BACK the phone at this point? If you were to use the Next plan of 18months and 24months to pay it off, you would be saving yourself around $190. 

Here's the breakdown: 

ATT Next Savings

1 Attachment

cousintim

Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

8 y前

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 y前

So what if you do the Next program and your phone has issues, through no fault of your own, before it is paid for?

Anonymous

• 

25.7K Messages

7 y前

For me individually, I debated over the Next or a 2 year contract. The 2 year contract was a little less monthly with the mobile share than the Next, so opted for the 2 year contract. After I complete a 2 year contract, I have the option of a no contract plan. Once you go through a 2 year contract, you can begin to have a no contract plan which I do like much better than any contract. And these days with the option of bringing using your own phone with an AT&T plan, I think it is the best way to go. Individual plans are more expensive than family plans so those of us who are buying for only ourselves, to me, would benefit from the 2 year contract and then going to a no contract plan. The Next is great if you want to upgrade your phone every 2 or 3 years but still a bit more pricey monthly for an individual. I guess it's all in what you want.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 y前

If you sign another 2 year contract I believe you lose your unlimited data for good.  At least that's what happened to mine.

Need help?
The new iPhone 13
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.