Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
skdmark's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wed, Jun 24, 2015 4:50 AM

AT&T messages on iphone

I had hoped that Messages would be a solution when cellular service is not available but wifi is. However, since I access my wifi with my iphone I liiked for an app similar to android - nothing. So I tried to access via a webpage and a message came up telling me the site was not available for a small screen. What gives? Why is this so difficult?

Responses

ATTMobilityCare

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

6 y ago

Hi there @skdmark

I’d be happy to help!

Due to the nature of AT&T Messages and Apple’s policy on apps which provide similar functionality to core features, we are unable to provide the AT&T Messages app on iOS. The backup feature of AT&T Messages will still work with your iOS line, however, so you can access your texts online from your desktop/laptop at https://messages.att.net/

If messaging other iPhones, Apple’s iMessage service allows for free messaging over WiFi. For other devices, a third party app may be used, though this generally requires that the recipient is using the same app.

I hope this helps!

Charise

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTHelp and @DIRECTVService

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 y ago

I can understand why you cannot provide the app. However, is there a reason why the website cannot be accessed by a mobile device? Or is that an Apple rule also?

Get started...

Ask a new question