Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Protect your device against loss, theft, damage and get expert technical support. Open Enrollment Ends 3/31/21.
Smooretime's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Thu, Nov 27, 2014 7:34 AM

ATT IPhone order run around and false advertising

I ordered a new IPhone on 9/9/2014 with a promise that my phone would be deliverd between 11/9. - 11/27 only to receive an email today staying that the phone might be delivered by 12/17. Then I get an email advertising a new IPhone stating that they are available now.
I am beyond upset that they string you along and still try to have believe you can order a new phone because they are available.
I will make sure I soread the word as much as I can that they are advertising falsely.

Responses

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

I am going to be very upset if my timeframe for delivery is delayed. I understand that every store has to have stock but how can they stock the stores prior to fullfilling orders already placed? Going forward I will NEVER place my order through AT&T again, I will be dealing directly with apple as i always have in the past. 6 weeks for a phone is unacceptable. I'm upset with AT&T but more upset with myself for ordering through them and not apple.

kdfederer

ACE - Expert

• 

12.3K Messages

6 years ago

I don't think that was a "guaranteed" delivery date, it was an "estimated" delivery date. AT&T cannot be held responsible because of Apple's supply line.

This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
cousintim

Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

6 years ago

@Smooretime wrote:
I ordered a new IPhone on 9/9/2014

No you didn't, unless your last name is Cook.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

Correction 9/19 - type - still does not hid the fact that when I waited over 2 months for the phone and then be told "sorry" you have to wait longer while we advertise - "in stock now" is frustrating..

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

No resolution- phone is still "back ordered. I will wait till 12/17.

Get started...

Ask a new question