The new iPhone 15
Rcigarroa's profile

5 Messages

Thursday, November 9th, 2023 4:22 PM

AT&T has a pending port for my number without my consent

I am a T-Mobile customer and the number to my Apple Watch which I’ve had for almost the past 2 years has been ported to AT&T; to one of their customers as of October 24. Mind you the number is still attached to my account/ watch. I called AT&T twice. The first time I sw 2 customer reps. Before my call was disconnected/hung up on. The second time I was able to reach the port department; the lady who I sw was rude and requested that I call the number assigned to my Apple Watch and sw their customer who has my number?!? (Which doesn’t even make sense bc although my number has been ported it is pending. Probably bc the number is still assigned to my watch, idk)  when I ask to sw a supervisor the lady prompted my call to the beginning of the department option selection.  I’ve been trying to fix this issue as of 8:45 am, it is now 10:14 am. This is really annoying and an inconvenience. I will be going to one of their stores to resolve this matter. 

ACE - Sage

• 

115.9K Messages

4 months ago

This makes no sense. Either the number is ported, which means it's gone, and watch is Bluetooth only suddenly.  Or it is pending port, it cannot be both. 

How is it exactly that you believe there is a pending port on your watch number?  

If it was  ported, Your watch with no longer have a cell number assigned to it and would not work away from your phone or Wi-Fi.  

In order to port a number, the user has to provide their new service provider with (1) an account number (2) phone number and a (3) port pin. 

I can see making a mistake with an account number, maybe sort of, and even making a mistake with a phone/smartwatch number kind of sort of.  Or even goofing the port pin.

In no way in creation or imagination can anyone make a mistake and provide all three to another service provider in order to port a number.

Makes no sense.  Post something that does make sense

ACE - Sage

• 

115.9K Messages

4 months ago

By the way just to save you a little time and aggravation AT&T isn't going to talk to you. At all. You are not their customer. If information was provided to them to port a number, they have to per FCC rules port that number. And you keep saying it has not been ported and claim there is a port pending. Makes absolutely no sense. The people at AT&T are going to think that you have lost your marbles

5 Messages

4 months ago

The phone number is still listed on my T-Mobile account, if I call the number, the call does not go out. One example that a T-Mobile rep gave me was that the number may have been provided to AT&T by mistake by the AT&T customer when they switched Carrie. But let me add, I do not work for the phone company so I have no idea how this happened. Your post is dismissive and non helpful but thank you for your 2 cents. 

(edited)

5 Messages

4 months ago

Btw your post are unprofessional, do better 

ACE - Sage

• 

115.9K Messages

4 months ago

Yeah I've saved you a trip to the AT&T store and contacting AT&T. They won't talk to you. You are not their customer. (If you take nothing else away from this communication)

Prior to this incident could you call your watch number and have the call go through?   

Unless the watch is set up as a standalone device that should not happen.

SmartWatches are typically set up as a companion device to a phone which means calls to the watch number do not function because the watch is set up as a data only device. It would be just as useful as me calling the number assigned to my tablet. It's not a phone number it does not work as a phone number and the calls don't go through.

You also said the watch number still exists on your T-Mobile account. You didn't answer the other question which is does your watch still function as it should when you are away from your phone?   

ACE - Sage

• 

115.9K Messages

4 months ago

@Rcigarroa 

🤣.  🤦🏼‍♀️. there's a reason this is called a community. It is populated by other customers. We don't get paid for participation here. We don't get kickbacks or discounts or anything else that makes it worth our while to lie to you, to make stuff up, or to be  professional like the brown 👃 ATT help,  which may or may not respond to your post.  And may or may not respond with anything that makes sense.

In fact I'm going to put a $1 that when and if they do respond they suggest you call their port department to complete the port.

5 Messages

4 months ago

You have not saved me trip as you have not resolve my issue but thanks have a wonderful day. 

ACE - Sage

• 

115.9K Messages

4 months ago

Well when you waste a trip by going to the store and they tell you they can't talk to you because you're not their customer then maybe you'll understand why I suggest you shouldn't go to the store?  

5 Messages

4 months ago

That’s weird that ppl would use AT&T forums as social media. I had no idea this was a thing but I digress..

This is my last post by no means a response to the individual who’s been commenting. 

I ended up going to the AT&T store and it was indeed a human error that is affecting the use of my watch. This issue began 10/24/23 and is supposed to effective though today. ( the guy at the store was extremely nice nothing like the reps on the phone) … Because the number is active though my account the pending port through AT&T eventually falls off. 
I began this thread so that it reaches anyone in the future who might experience this problem. ✌🏼

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

4 months ago

The question you should be asking is how someone guess your account number and phone number for a port.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.