The new iPhone 15
C

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, October 22nd, 2020 3:01 PM

ATT Family Secure App on iPhone

I just installed this app on my android phone to protect my daughters iphone where I paired the app.  However, I was able to easily delete this app from my daughters phone just like you do with any other app.  Pairing and tracking seem fine but being able to easily delete the app that is protecting her defeats the purpose.

ACE - Master

• 

10.3K Messages

3 years ago

Since this is the Apple forum, don’t know if it works the same on Android, but can you set some sort of parental controls on her phone that prevent her from deleting apps?  I’d expect that the ability to delete apps on the phone or not is something controlled by the phone software, not the app.

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

You can set controls using Screen Time on Apple which is my point.  Why install a "secure" app and pay $7.99 a month for something that doesn't include locking it down and instead have to use a feature that already comes with Apple?  The Family Secure app takes you through the steps to make changes here and there (ie turn location to always) quite easily but I'm not sure why the app itself isn't locked down.  Good thing I'm in a trial period.  I do like the UI of Family Secure but...

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.