AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Learn how to Get the iPhone 12 Now!

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Wed, Feb 21, 2018 3:45 PM

AT&T Cellular Data Connection Not Working - HELP

Yesterday, my iPhone 7's cellular data has stopped working.  All updates are current. It works for about a short time, then stops.  I went for at least an hour before I was able to use it.  I followed directions to reset settings, and that was just a temporary fix for a few minutes.  This has been consistent for the last 24 hours. Is there something wrong w/AT & T's service in CO right now?  What is going on?  I have unlimited data, so this should not be an issue. HELP how do I fix this?

Responses

Contributor

• 

1 Message

a year ago

Been having this issue too. Replaced sim. Restored phone. Did all network reset steps. 5ge would work for a minute then stop. I ended up turning LTE off in the cellular setting and works fine now under 4G. Hopefully at&t fixes the issue soon so I can go back to lte on. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

a year ago

PROBLEM FIXED

I had the same issues with you guys. My AT&T prepaid data just stopped working without any reason. I call AT&T technical support. Spent over 2 h on the phone, talked with two representatives and their supervisor. No solution. Went to an AT&T store and changed my sim. No solution. Sorry for saying that but the tech support over the phone are not knowledgable at all. I felt I was talking to individuals that could only read the scripts on their computer screen. They just didn't have the intellectual capacity to troubleshoot a technical problem.  

Well, long behold, I found the solution:

1) Get the mobile my AT&T app on your phone. Do not log in on your computer. It has to be done on your phone (via wifi).

2) Inside the app go to Profile and Settings.

3) Go to Manage My Data

4) On Sponsored Data: If it is enabled, disable it. Wait 5 mins. Restart your device. Repeat steps 1-4, this time turn sponsored Data on. Wait 5 mins and turn off and then back on your device. Boom: check your cellular data it is now working.

AT&T please educate your technical support employees.

• 

9 Messages

4/23/20 Sadly, this solution did not work for me. I had to go to Feature Settings to find the Sponsored Data. After I turned off the Sponsored Data, waited, and restarted device, the Sponsored Data was already back on. So then I realized that I hadn't clicked on SAVE CHANGES at the bottom of the page where I turned off the Sponsored Data. So then I followed all of the directions above except I chose SAVE CHANGES both times. And even after doing that, I still cannot access data unless I have WIFI turned on. Technical support has been unhelpful. They gave me a ticket # and promised to call back in 48 hours. No call. I followed up and the tech said he was making some changes at their end and then advised me to reset the network settings in my phone, which meant our call would be disconnected. He said he'd call back in ten minutes but never did. So frustrating ! ! !

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

a year ago

I tried it really work!!!!

Thank you so much!!!!!!

I did considered to cancel this AT&T sim card after trying thousands of way to slove the data problem, including changing a new card, contacting the customers service, change phones.... I'll definitely throw that AT&T sim card if without you. You are my HERO!

Just one questions, why the "sponsored data" option cause my sim card can't connect to the internet???

AT&T, should you give your desperate customers a explanation?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 months ago

Seems to be happening to everyone . That's what we get for paying top dollar for theses  phones and great service provider thanks again at&t for you great service 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 months ago

That's what we get for paying top dollar for the most fantastic service around .thanks again at&t for nothing this has been happening to one of my phone line for days . Might be time to change providers

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

78.5K Messages

10 months ago

@Philbrick wrote:

Seems to be happening to everyone . That's what we get for paying top dollar for theses  phones and great service provider thanks again at&t for you great service 

“Everyone”?   You digging up a few very old posts is not “everyone”.  If you are having a regular problem connecting to data, there are a number of reasons that could happen. Poor coverage, bad SIM card, lousy phone, or your data is being re-prioritized due to heavy congestion, or simply a loss of connection with towers. 
   This is not AT&T‘s problem it’s your problem. It is solved by changing carriers, replacing a SIM card, replacing your phone, choosing a plan that does not serve you after other customers, or just rebooting your phone once in a while.  

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

1 Message

3 months ago

3 of my AT&T phone have no data why?

• 

2 Messages

a month ago

The troubleshoot & Resolve tool doesn't even work....just like everything else with AT&T

• 

9 Messages

a month ago

I was able to resolve this problem (my LTE suddenly stopped working) and I explained all the steps in my posting called:

SOLVED: iPhone 6 suddenly cannot access Internet unless I'm on Wifi (AT&T prepaid plan).

Get started...

Ask a new question