For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
689berendo's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, July 11th, 2018 2:49 AM

AT&T carrier switch to Verizon

I have iPhone 7 from At&t

I Unlock the device from at&t and it’s successfully done. And I followed the instuction to switching carrier, and I see the Verizon wireless on left top corner  but no signal.

what did I missed? 

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

6 years ago

@Constructive

I was thinking that same analogy, but if the square peg is small enough.... and this poster doesn’t seem to understand hardware. 🤷🏼‍♀️    How does one not understand hardware?  

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

Thanks

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

6 years ago

@lizdance40i guess a better one would be you have an am radio trying to get fm

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

6 years ago

Good one!

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

An AT&T model? I bought an unlocked, refurbished i7 recently at Best Buy. Nothing was indicated about it being an AT&T iphone. I thought I could buy any cell service. I choose AT&T, but their signal is bad and I want to switch to Verizon. What a hassle. I keep running into walls. I still want to buy the service I want. How can I do that?

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

5 years ago

@MerryWV wrote:

An AT&T model? I bought an unlocked, refurbished i7 recently at Best Buy. Nothing was indicated about it being an AT&T iphone. I thought I could buy any cell service. I choose AT&T, but their signal is bad and I want to switch to Verizon. What a hassle. I keep running into walls. I still want to buy the service I want. How can I do that?

Best Buy doesn’t sell an At&t version.  They sell a universal model which is subject to Apple’s US flex activation policy.  That means Apple servers lock your phone to the first carrier used.  If that was At&t, you now have to unlock the phone.   

For future purchases, the only place to buy an unlocked iPhone is Apple.  

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

I paid extra to get an "unlocked" iphone7. Doesn't seem fair if it can't connect to any of the carrier services except AT&T. Why did Apple do this? Why isn't it in the sales information when people are buying their phones?

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

5 years ago

@MerryWV wrote:

I paid extra to get an "unlocked" iphone7. Doesn't seem fair if it can't connect to any of the carrier services except AT&T. Why did Apple do this? Why isn't it in the sales information when people are buying their phones?

You paid less if you bought a refurbished phone.  And Apple price fixes, so you did not pay extra for unlocked phone, the price is the same.  Now read the thread.  Your iPhone purchased for Best Buy is universal, but locked because it was activated on At&t first.  Just request an unlock from the portal.  

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

Thank you very much. It is difficult to learn all this stuff. I assume "portal" means AT&T.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

5 years ago

Yes:    https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/#/

But I bet ya a quarter you’ll get an ‘IMEI not found’ or ‘not an AT&T device’ and  have to call.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.