The new iPhone 15
sachitsripathi's profile

Contributor

• 

9 Messages

Tuesday, November 10th, 2020 1:06 PM

AT&T Canceled my Device order without any intimation or request from my end

Hello AT&T community,

I have ordered an iPhone 12 Pro Max through AT&T Chat two days ago, when I went and checked my order status today It was cancelled anthe request has not been made by me. 

Now, I have to sit and spend a couple of hours with Support Rep on Call/On Chat and get all the info of why it has been cancelled.

Community, please make sure to check your device orders time to time as AT&T will cancel them without any user authorization or informing the user regarding why it is being canceled

Contributor

• 

9 Messages

3 years ago

Update: I am talking with AT&T and they said that they canceled my order as they were unable to verify my identify and that my order seemed like a Fraud as they were unable to verify my identity.

They asked for my account PIN when I was ordering the device, they sent me a OTP to the line I was currently using and ordering a phone and atlast my credit card was also charged and an order confirmation number was generated.

Before they even canceled it, the first thing they should be doing is contacting me or the main account holder and verify the purchase and then determine if it has to be canceled or not. None of it happened. Below is the screenshot of the reason shared by Support Rep.

Contributor

• 

9 Messages

3 years ago

Update: I have been on call with them and I am being transferred to various departments and not the right department, after talking to two agents (Customer Service and Sales)I am still on hold to talk with someone from another department.

Sales say that they cannot order the device over the phone and chat say that they can't reorder as they are unable to verify the information over chat as it is sensitive and now I am on the runaround it seems.

Forwarded to another team and they have received the call and no one was talking on the other end, I heard laughing and the agents talking with someone else when I was on the line and again I was kept on hold. Let's see how long this will take and how many hours I would have to spend on the ride to AT&T Support and also the time they take to solve my request.

ACE - Master

• 

10K Messages

3 years ago

Have you tried going into a store and ordering the phone, or better still, buying the phone from Apple instead?  Your original order is gone.  It’s not going to be regenerated.  All you can do is place a new order.  It doesn’t seem like trying to do it over the phone or via chat is going to work out.

Contributor

• 

9 Messages

3 years ago

They say they won't be able to place a new order and even if they verify, they state that it might be cancelled again.

I cannot go to a store as of now, I will probably do it soon and see what might happen.

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

How do i fix this problem i orderd an lg v40 att asked me verify that it was me they said check your email but i did not anything why? what about if i order it through the phone and call custmer care will that work please reply thank you

ACE - Master

• 

10K Messages

3 years ago

@oldcomputers  this forum isn’t customer service.  No one here has any access to orders or accounts and can’t help you with an order or why they require extra information with some orders.  No one here knows whether ordering it over the phone will work any better.  You’ll just have to try it.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.1K Messages

3 years ago

@oldcomputers

It's out of stock. 

You should also realize that LG has pulled out of the smartphone business which means you will have no support, probably no warranty replacement options, no unlock code, no updates.

Dodged a bullet.

Buy another brand.

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I am having the same issue. Was interested in purchasing a phone and plan. Ordered the new Samsung Flip phone. Even got confirmation of the chat transcript, etc. I have an email with the order number and that I confirmed the Terms and conditions. Sure took my money for the tax though right which I now have to be refunded. On hold with someone looking for the correct department. I mean this is supposed to be a reputable company. What is going on? I am not racist but I am sorry I want a freaking American on the phone. I don't trust these people working out of offices that are only Hindu. They are absolute freaking (Edited per community guidelines). I am so mad right now. I am so livid. So unprofessional. 

(edited)

ACE - Sage

• 

116.1K Messages

2 years ago

If all your information doesn't cross check, they cancel.  

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Same here. I found out the $80 taxes was reversed the same day by my bank thank God. Never ordering again on a chat but still they need to go about this differently. I should not be charged to re-order. Unreal

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.