The new iPhone 14
fourphones's profile

• 

3 Messages

Saturday, November 26th, 2022 2:40 AM

Asurian Home Tech Insurance Sign Up without Consent

We had a tech come to our house to deliver and set-up new AT&T phones. We assumed this person was with AT&T. Tech asked if we wanted protection plan and we clearly said no. Got a text later from AT&T Free Msg saying Thanks for Purchasing AT&T Home Tech Protection Plan for $25 per month. Finally figured out it was an asurian person not AT&T who came to our house and the insurance plan was with asurian. Called the number listed to verify if we had a plan and to cancel it if we did. What a horrible experience talking with asurion phone support people. Took the third one I talked to, to get someone that could understand and help me. Even that person tried to sell me on keeping the plan I had told them absolutely didn't want. Two of the support people forcefully tried to sell me on the plan and I had to shut them down with raised voice to get them to stop.

Looking on the forum it looks like other folks have had this issue amongst other issues with asurian.

AT&T needs to find a better partner for protection plan insurance.

ACE - Sage

• 

104.1K Messages

2 months ago

Enjoy... 

However, Asurion owns Enjoy as of August

Enjoy is a subcontractor that AT&T employees to deliver and set up new phones. Asurion is the insurance company that provides mobile insurance for all mobile carriers and some big box stores. 

Removing insurance online... 

To make changes to your wireless features please follow these steps: Sign in to your wireless account, select My Wireless and click on the specific device. Then select Manage Device & Features and you will see the current features you have. Select Device Protection and it should give you the option to take any action on the feature. If both charges are billed separately they may have a separate process for removing each charge. You will need to repeat this for each device that has insurance that you want removed

Removing Insurance within 6 months of purchase causes a chargeback, AKA no Commission for the person that added Insurance to your lines.  

AT&T can ship you a phone overnight. The process of switching your information from the old phone to the new phone is extremely easy when you own an iPhone. You could avoid this entire boondoggle by waiting one day for your phone to get to you by FedEx, and using apples extremely easy phone to phone transfer process.  

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210216

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.