The new iPhone 15
mrjones9's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, December 5th, 2017 2:15 AM

Apple wont unlock iphone 7 - paid for in full not under contract

I have an iPhone 7 32gb that i purchased from the AT&T store. I bought this iphone outright and use it with my ATT Prepaid account. They are refusing to unlock my device even though I did not buy it at a subsidized price and I own the device outright. 

[Legal discussions are not permitted per the Guidelines.]

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

It is not illegal but it is also not right. By putting a prepaid SIM card into the phone, the ATT computers now think it is a prepaid phone and the requirement to unlock a prepaid phone is 6 months of use. Since you paid full price, you can get an exception to the 6 month policy but it will take some effort and patience on your part. To get the exception, contact @ATTMobilityCare via private message. Provide proof that you paid full retail price for the phone.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Have received no reply from ATTmobility and ATT prepaid has been less than helpful in my request. They told me that since I put the prepaid sim in the phone that it’s now ineligible for unlock until 6 months of paid service on that device!  I’m in disbelief!

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

@mrjones9 Be patient. ATTMobilityCare is a small team that is very busy. It may take a week or more for a response but they will be able to help you once they do respond. The prepaid support you talk to on the phone can't do anything to help you, they don't have the permissions. You need someone who can grant the exception and process the unlock request and only ATTMobilityCare can do that for you.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.