Apple watch 3 number sync screwed up iphone 7
I have had MAJOR problems since activating my apple watch 3 in November. I've spent 7 hours in AT&T stores while associates tried to solve, and had the watch activated with 3 new numbers. Nothing works! In my last visit to a store (2.5 hours long) I was told it was an issue with numbersync a case had been opened with AT&T engineers for me and I'd receive a call back with 2 business days. That was mid-January and I'm still waiting for that call.
Here's the issue:
Watch is fully functional. iPhone 7 Plus (always update to latest iOS right away) has had issues since watch was activated.
1. My caller ID shows up as one of the 3 options when I call someone:
+1 United States
Display my caller ID is on, wireless number is listed correctly in phone settings and all settings have been reviewed by 12+ people in At&T stores for accuracy.
2. My ability to make calls is sporadic:
- Sometimes calls go through with no issue (50%)
- Other times I get a sound and message that says "your call cannot be completed as dialed". If I look at recent calls, calls that do not go through show as "cancelled"
This is hugely inconvenient as you might expect!! Also, when my calls do go through, no one will answer as it doesn't show up as being me.
In addition to visiting AT&T stores for troubleshooting, I have:
- Turned off wireless calling
- Reset my phone to factory settings and started over
- Removed spam blocking app I was using (Truecaller)
- Cancelled the additional line for my apple watch 3 - 2 weeks ago and then reset my phone again
- Reviewed my AT&T wireless account online to see if I could remove numbersync/any existence of it
I'm really annoyed I can't use my apple watch for what I purchased it for. I was really hoping that when I cancelled the additional line, the problem would resolve itself. So far, nothing has worked and I'm at my wits end as this has been going on for 5 months. I've had the same wireless number for 15 years, so really don't want to delete my line and start over.
PLEASE HELP, I'M DESPERATE!