Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

• 

3 Messages

Fri, Jan 24, 2020 2:00 AM

Add iPad Pro back to cellular after formatting

I have the new iPad Pro. I had to reformat it and start fresh. I can’t add it back to cellular data. I get message I can’t add more devices to my account. How can I add it back to my account? It still appears in my ATT devices in my ATT account.

Responses

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

70.3K Messages

a month ago

What do you mean by add it back? Were you using the embedded Sim?

🐾 (The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

3 Messages

@lizdance40 I mean go into the settings on the iPad and select cellular. I can't turn on cellular again.

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

70.3K Messages

Since you didn't respond to my first post I am going to assume that you are indeed using the embedded SIM card. Factory resetting an iPad or an iPhone that is using an embedded SIM card does erase that information from your device. You will have to contact AT&T directly to add service back.

🐾 (The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
mobilemax

Employee

• 

796 Messages

a month ago

Hello,

Yes, when the iPad is reset (or reformated) the sim and IMEI are still the same and on the same AT&T plan, so you shouldn't have to do anything. You'll get that message when you have maxed out your group (usually 10 devices).
*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

• 

3 Messages

I've not maxed out the group. The iPad still shows in my ATT Account. I can't activate cellular. Says I need to add a new device. I don't want to do that as I've tried and it wants me to add it again and charge me when I'm already being charged for this device.