Check out AT&T's Valentine's Day Gift Guide for ideas & deals on the new Samsung Galaxy S23!
The new iPhone 14
brianrv14's profile

• 

1 Message

Monday, December 5th, 2022 5:00 PM

Add Apple Watch Ultra as standalone?

Hello potential new customer here, I have an Apple Watch I want to add service to. But my carrier Cricket (ATT MVNO) does not have any plans/service for the Apple Watch. With that in mind, Can I have a line only for the Apple Watch while i’m with Cricket? Can I also use the same # as my iPhone? Thanks!  

ACE - Sage

• 

104.1K Messages

2 months ago

Officially, AT&T will not allow you to have a watch as a standalone device at the $10 rate, without having a phone on the same plan.   So the minimum plan they will put you on is the starter plan which is $65 with autopay and paperless billing, plus taxes.

If you are extremely lucky you will get someone in a corporate store or an authorized retail store somewhere who will be willing to enter the right code to put your watch on a $10 Standalone plan.

The Standalone plan will not operate as a companion to your iPhone on a different service provider.  

AT&T prepaid does not have a plan for standalone watches.

So your choices are AT&T postpaid. Or look into a prepaid service provider that does allow a companion watch line. I understand visible does

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.