Let AT&T help you elebrate your dad with Father's Day Gifts that connect us.
The new iPad Pro & iPad Air!
kimigyuri's profile

2 Messages

Thursday, January 25th, 2024 1:53 AM

About Sim Card Problem

Hello, I wanted to cancel my prepaid phone plan, so I went to the site to check the plan, but I forgot the password and reset it. After that, I was waiting for the phone authentication number, but it didn't come. I don't think the SIM card is working. I can't visit the store myself because I'm abroad right now, what should I do? I want to cancel the SIM card number altogether.

Please help me!

And please note that I can't counsel it over the phone because I'm abroad🥲🥲

Accepted Solution

ACE - Master

• 

10.9K Messages

5 months ago

What country are you in?  You need the international travel add-on to be able to roam outside of the U.S., and even with that, there are many countries you can’t roam in with prepaid.  If you can’t roam, you can’t get any authentication text.

If you want to cancel your prepaid service, you simply need to stop paying for it.  If that means turning off Autopay and you can’t get into your account to stop it, you may have to stop payment at the source.

Community Support

• 

232.8K Messages

5 months ago

Hello @kimigyuri ,

Please be mindful about sharing your personal details like, Phone number, email id, IMEI number, account number, last name, Credit/Debit card number, order number, Driver licence details, address. This is a public forum and your privacy is very important to us. As per AT&T Community Forum's guidelines http://sm.att.com/b9b8aa02 your personal details will be scrubbed. Have a great day!

Regards,
AT&T Moderator

2 Messages

5 months ago

I'm in Korea and I'm Korean. The prepayment plan is that I travelled to the U.S. and signed a contract. As you said, I can't get an authentication text from my U.S. phone, so I can't get into the account on the website. If I can't get into the account to stop the automatic payment and cancel the number, how should I stop the payment at the source? Is there a way to do it even if it's not in the U.S.?

Community Support

• 

232.8K Messages

5 months ago

Hi @kimigyuri,

The Community Forums are a public support option where other users, and AT&T, will try and assist with high level support needs. This means we won’t be able to look into account specific concerns.  To get the help you need for your unique issue, please review our Contact Us Page https://www.att.com/support/contact-us/, and choose the best option to reach out to us.  You can call, chat, or reach out via social media, and we can review your specific issue and provide you support.  If you feel your issue isn’t account specific, and can be answered generally, please let us know, and we’ll be happy to help

ACE - Sage

• 

118.2K Messages

5 months ago

You're either prepaid or your contract. They are two different things and you cannot be both.

Prepaid has a service agreement that refills a specific amount every 30 days.   As opposed to postpaid, sometimes referred to as "contract", which bills on the exact same day every month.

If you are being auto refilled before a service renewal every 30 days that is prepaid. You simply stop paying. There's no penalty for stopping payment on prepaid service which will discontinue and close on its own.

If you are indeed postpaid you have to call AT&T.

+1.314.926.6925

Since you have no service, I suspect you are prepaid which means there's no penalty for just stopping payment on all refills

ACE - Master

• 

10.9K Messages

5 months ago

To stop paying, you’ll have to stop the source.  If you used a credit card for Autopay, you’ll probably have to cancel the card and get a new one. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.