Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thu, Aug 29, 2019 9:39 PM

5Ge MUCH slower than old LTE

Ever since ATT rolled out this new 5Ge thing instead of LTE I’ve been getting exponentially slower cellular data than usual. Using the ookla speed test app I used to get 60-70 mbps with LTE (which really isn’t that fast to start with) but ever since my phone has started displaying 5Ge at the top I have been consistently getting only 2 or 3 mbps. It’s really halting my productivity. Anybody know why? I’m on an iPhone 8 btw. 

Responses

Ulak34

Associated Member

• 

158 Messages

6 months ago

Reset you Network settings, then run the speed test again. 

I've seen 5Ge pulling 120mbps for some folks. 

*I am a trusted partner that is associated with AT&T, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 months ago

How does one go about resetting their network setting? I'm having the same issue. In fact, I was laughing while trying to load this page because I was on 5Ge and the page actually wouldn't load at all. I'm had to wait till I got home on my wifi. 

Ulak34

Associated Member

• 

158 Messages

3 months ago

@dnlAmzg 

On an iPhone it's Settings > General> Reset > Reset Network settings. 

*I am a trusted partner that is associated with AT&T, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

2 months ago

I have reset network settings several times and the speeds still come to a halt on AT&T. AT&T is not winning anyone over with the band indicator change. infact this will cause the outlook to be on 5G in any other aspect to be a negative. (bad experience, scared to use it)

I get its a 4G band label change or a hybrid of 4G with a possible 5G cap but the only thing showing evident is it's ability to meet or exceed older mobile network performance. aka brokey please fixy.

Thanks

• 

1 Message

4 weeks ago

I work downtown Fort Worth and my service down here has gotten exponentially worse since the "switch." Label change or not, whatever they're doing (or trying to do) behind the scenes isn't making the situation any better.